Thursday 11 May 2017

New Finding Events Feature at Google Search

This week Google rolled out an event finder on its mobile search app. You can read about it on:

Google Search will now help you find nearby events

The techcrunch article tells us that Google is working on suggestions for developers to have their events listed in search results – so we should be keeping an eye out for those as they get published.

I wrote about a patent here, in a post in November that talked about Ranking Events in Google Search Results, which focused upon a Google patent that had been granted August 23, 2016 titled Ranking events.

This feature is available in the United States starting today; but the Techcrunch article tells us that there are no plans for international expansion.

I tried a search for “sports events near me” on my phone this morning, and I did get the following result:

sports events near me

I’m wondering what events results look like in more urban areas. I did also search for music events:

Google Music Events Near Me

I suspect that this new feature might get a lot of use from people looking for something to do.

I like that it is including events from local schools and museums. It really looks useful.


Copyright © 2017 SEO by the Sea ⚓. This Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, the site you are looking at may be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact SEO by the Sea, so we can take appropriate action immediately.
Plugin by Taragana

The post New Finding Events Feature at Google Search appeared first on SEO by the Sea ⚓.



source http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/seobythesea/Tesr/~3/5hpv4EgUzng/

No comments:

Post a Comment